Arenac County Class A Roads
In accordance with the provisions of Section 702 of Act No. 300 of the Public Acts of 149, as amended, the Arenac County Road Commission will impose seasonal load and speed limits on ALL Arenac County roads except those specifically exempted. The allowable gross axle loadings are those listed under seasonal loads in the following table:
TABLE OF MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE GROSS AXLE LOADINGS
Spacing Between Normal Loading Limitations Seasonal Loading Limitations
Axles Speed Limit 55 MPH Speed Limit 35 MPH
9 feet or Over 18,000 lbs. 11,700 lbs.
More than 3-1/2 feet 13,000 lbs. 8,450 lbs.
but less than 9 feet
Tandem Axle Assembly 16,000 lbs. * 10,400 lbs. **
Less than 3-1/2 feet 9,000 lbs. 5,850 lbs.
Wheel Loads Pounds per inch of width on any wheel shall not exceed:
700 lbs. 450 lbs.
* On any legal combination of vehicles, only one (1) tandem axle assembly shall be permitted at the gross weight of 16,000 lbs. per axle and no other tandem axle assembly in such combination of vehicles shall not exceed a gross weight of 13,000 lbs. per axle. When the gross weight of a combination of vehicles with load does not exceed 73,280 lbs. two (2) tandem axle assemblies shall be permitted at a gross weight of 16,000 lbs. per axle.
** On any legal combination of vehicles, only one (1) tandem axle assembly shall be permitted at the gross weight of 10,400 lbs. per axle and no other tandem assembly in such combination of vehicles shall exceed a gross weight of 8,450 lbs. per axle. When the gross weight of a combination of vehicles with load does not exceed 73,280 lbs. two (2) tandem axle assemblies shall be permitted at a gross weight of 10,400 lbs. per axle.
ALL SEASON ROUTES
The following Arenac County Roads will be exempt from seasonal weight restrictions:
1. Deep River Road from M-61 south to Johnsfield Road
2. Delano Road from US-23 north to Bessinger Road
3. Dobler Road - paved portion north of Maple Ridge Road to the Sawmill
4. Grove Road from US-23 north to Sterling Road
5. Jose Road from Main Street east to Walker Road
6. Main Street from US-23 north to Jose Road
7. Maple Ridge Road from M-33 east to M65
8. M-76 from Standish City Limits north to the Ogemaw County Line
9. State Rd. from Bay Co. Line north to US23
10. Sterling Road from I-75 east to the Village of Sterling
11. Tonkey Road from US-23 north to Turner Road
12. Turner Road from M-65 east to the Village of Turner
13. Turner Road from Turner Village Limits (White Road) to US-23
14. Walker Road from Jose Road north to Glancy Rock Quarry.
15. Worth Road from M-13 east to Whites Beach
Exceptions by Special Permit Only:
*** Special Permits allowing normal loading but a maximum speed of 35 MPH may be issued on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Road Commission. Bonding requirements may apply. Contact the Arenac County Road Commission at 989-718-3250 for more information.